Saturday, January 22, 2011

BUSY, BUSY, BUSY.... I'm Loving It!


Boy Oh Boy, what an exciting week it has been! After many many long nights of cutting and sewing, I have finally finished my very first wholesale... woot woot!! I'd never been able to complete this if it weren't for all the help and support from ChickenLittle and Bah Bah Sis... Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! soooo much guys! 


Also, massive thanks to Robin for having enough faith in me to feature my collection of purses and pouches in your new store. Wishing you and HandMad Emporium the very best of luck this year and the many years to come!



In addition to this, I've finally tamed and befriended the atrocious and annoying PVC. I have seriously underestimated it's stubbornness. It drove me and my poor little sewing machine completely bonkers.  After many hours of ripping, pulling, screaming and throwing away massive chunks of the thing,  I've finally discovered the secret to working with PVC: feed it a bit of tissue paper. Once fed it will settle down and do as I say. My little machine was very happy about that =) My new collection of PVC Cosmetics / Makeup Bags are now complete and available in both my etsy and madeit stores.

I've still got another variation of this design that I'm dying to explore but just haven't had the time to get started. Hopefully I'll have some time to work on it this weekend so I can share it with everyone soon ^_^

Time for sleep sleep now. Wishing all the sweetest dreams and a fantastic weekend!


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the tips about working with pvc! I'm not much of a sewer, but you know... if I ever get my act together. I found your blog through Jaebumfangirl. I really like your Birds of Norway Cosmetics Pouch and the Happy Daisies Coin Pouch. The Damask Cosmestics Pouch is a lovely classic. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete