Friday, December 10, 2010

But this is my passion...

Have you ever been fanatically blissful or proud of something you've achieved only to have someone knock it back? A lot of people especially Mama Hen doesn’t understand why I put a lot of time, effort and investment into MsPIGgii for no return. But seriously, how many businesses out there actually succeed and take off from day one? Everything takes time. Plus this isn’t even a business, I don’t know where MsPIGgii will lead me in the future but right now it is an outlet for me to share my passion and love of cute little things with others. People pay big money for their hobbies like model making, antique collecting, golf, horse riding, and games etc whilst I’m funding my own and having so much fun doing it. I just wish others can understand that this is my fervour, and despite putting in a lot of hours and cutting back on sleep I enjoy every second of it and am proud of everything I create. I know Mama Hen only cares and I love her for it but sometimes a little support doesn’t kill…

Anyways, sorry for ranting...

On a brighter and much more fun note... despite the lack of support ,this has been a really good week for MsPIGgii. I finally rose over the one/two sales per week norm and received 7 orders including my very first custom order for a Snoopy padded camera / phone pouch. Woohoo!! I hope they will be happy with it =)


Also, after waiting for what seems like a decade… (in actual fact it was just over a week heheh) the metal purse frames finally arrived.

coin purses

Bah Bah Sis and I got into purse making a few weeks back. They were so popular and fun to make that we couldn't wait to make more. This is what we’ve made during the week and are all available in my store.


Anyways.. am off to bed now. Need to be up and about in a couple of hours for work. It's Friday woohoo!! Happy Friday all.. thought of something very interesting and innovative this week, can't wait to make it this weekend =D

Sweet dreams...

2 comments:

  1. I am hearing you about the all effort and no return (yet). Rome wasn't built in a day. Do what you want and don't listen to negativity. You have great stuff and passion with what you do. Who knows where that will take you?!!
    From
    someone in the same boat!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww.. thank you for your kind encouragement. Yes, failure and criticism is the mother of success. If at first you don’t succeed, just try try again =) Wishing you the best in your endeavours…

    ReplyDelete